Why I started this blog

My general situation is this: I have a load of ideas, and not so much time to implement them all.

I feel very much at home at UKTS and I abused this forum as my preferred idea dump for years. Since I often love to trigger some discussion, use, development etc related to these ideas, a forum is great for it. In contrast, I am not at ease with the comment feature of blogs. I suggest that if you want to drop me a simple note, do it in a comment in the blog; if you want to discuss an idea, start a thread at UKTS referring here, I will certainly notice (or drop me a note so I notice quickly).

The one deficit of a public forum is that because of its very nature, your thoughts must get buried in the sum of contributions. The other point is that some of my blurbs are just that, and all that follows is a few people saying something polite about it and that was the history of that single-statement thread which subsequently fades into oblivion.

Finally, I have a lot of information bits lying around in drafts of massive documents that never become complete. And when such documents are complete, all they do is impress a few people, but the chance that someone reads 30 or 60 pages are small. I have a vague hope that 1) I might publish useful fragments over the coming month or so, and 2) people might actually digest them, and 3) search functions might bring it to the attention of a somewhat wider audience. But I must say that my topics generally are not exactly funny for a wider audience -- more on that in another article.

Therefore, this blog will be a complement to my continued activities at UKTS, providing a cross reference of old ideas of myself and others; and it will contain a series of new articles on technical stuff floating around my brains and my harddisk.

No comments:

Post a Comment